Situation: You have not connected Brother Printer to your PC.
Solution: Download the drivers and install them to your PC. Before you start the process, disconnect the USB cable from your PC. These steps will work for Windows XP and Vista.
Follow the steps:
- Create a Folder
- Right click anywhere on the free space on your desktop and select ‘New’ from the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘Folder’ from the pop-out.
- Name the folder ‘Brother.’
- Download the Printer Driver
Instructions are for Internet Explorer 7 and above versions.
- Go to support.brother.com.
- Select your region/country. Click on ‘Change Country (Language)’ to make changes.
- Select your model from the series menu.
- Click on ‘>>’ icon to confirm.
- Choose ‘Downloads’, select (ALL).
- Select you OS, select your preferred language and click ‘Search’ button.
- Choose WHQL certified Driver.
- Click ‘More Information’, click ‘Download.’
- Click ‘I Accept’ after reading the End Users License Agreement.
- Click ‘Save’ on the window that appear.
- Select the ‘Brother’ folder you have created on your desktop (in step 1). Click ‘Save.’
- Decompress the downloaded driver
- Open the ‘Brother’ folder on desktop.
- Double click on the downloaded file with .exe extension.
- If the ‘Open File – Security Window’ appears, click ‘Run’, else continue.
- Click ‘Browse’ at the WinZip Self extractor.
- Select the ‘Brother’ folder and click ‘OK.’
- Click ‘Unzip.’
- Click ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Close the WinZip Self Extractor window.
- The system will create a folder ‘English’ or other depending upon your language.
- Install Printer Driver
For Windows XP
- Connect the interface cord and power ON the Brother printer.
- In the New Hardware Wizard, select ‘No not at this Time’ and click ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)’ and click ‘Next.’
- Select ‘Search for the best driver’ in these selections. Check the box in front of ‘Include this location in the search.’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the ‘Brother’ folder. Click ‘OK.’
- Click ‘Next’ and click ‘Finish.’
- You will see a message ‘Your new hardware is installed and ready to use’ at bottom left of your desktop.
For Windows Vista
- Connect the interface wire and power ON your Brother printer.
- ‘Found New Hardware’ window will appear. Select ‘Locate and install driver software (Recommended.)’
- Click ‘I don’t have the disc. Show me other option.’
- Click ‘Browse my computer for driver software (Advanced.)’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the ‘Brother’ folder. Click ‘OK’ and click ‘Next.’
- When ‘The software for this device has been successfully installed’ window appear, click ‘Close.’
- You will see a message ‘Your devices are ready to use’ at the left bottom of your desktop.
For further query, contact Brother Printer Technical Support.