Are you having trouble in configuration of your Lexmark Printer? Here are two different ways of setting the printer IP address which is attached to a network. You can do this either through the Printer Selection dialog box or through the Configure Network Printer Dialog Box. Steps for both are described here:
Configuring Printer through Printer Selection Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility by double-clicking the Lexmark P910 Series folder from your desktop.
- From the menu bar, select ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘Select Printer’ and a printer selection dialog box will appear.
- Find you printer in the list, select it and click on ‘Configure.’ This will open the Configure Network Printer dialog box. Follow the steps below in this box:
- Assign an IP address to your printer (steps for assigning IP address are given at the end of this post.)
- Click ‘OK’ and you will be back on the Printer selection box.
- Now select your printer from the list.
- Click ‘Select.’ This will start the configuration process.
Configuring Printer through Configure Network Printer Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility.
- Select ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
- Select ‘Network Printer Configuration’ option to open the Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
- Select your printer from the list and click ‘Configure.’ Do this on the ‘Configure Network Printer’ screen:
- Provide an IP address to your network printer (steps are provided at the end of this post.) You can contact your Network administrator in case of difficulty.
- Click Ok.
- Select your printer from the list on Printer selection screen in case you want to configure another printer.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the configuration process.
| Steps for Assigning IP Address to Network Printer
· Open the Utility of Lexmark P910 Series.
· Choose ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
· Choose ‘Configure’ from Printer Selection dialog box or Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Go to ‘Configure a new printer’ option.
· A dialog box will appear. Enter an IP address in the field provided.
· Click OK to set the IP address.
· Click ‘Select’ on Printer Selection dialog box or ‘Done’ on Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Close the Utility
If you have any issue in Lexmark printer configuration, contact our Lexmark printer support for 24 hour assistance. Our certified professionals offer quick solutions for simple and complex printer issues.