Like any other email service, Gmail also lets users share files and documents with each other. While the uploading and downloading process are smooth most of the time, however, if you are experiencing an issue while uploading or downloading a file document, there can be numerous causes responsible for the issue. In order to overcome the problem, one can follow the instructions provided below in this guide.
Guide to Fix Problem Downloading File Attachment in Gmail
NOTE: If you are having trouble downloading or opening a file in your email account, this could be because of the confidential mode enabled by the sender.
If you are unable to upload or download an attachment, you can try the following workaround to overcome the problem.
- Start by making sure that you are accessing your Gmail account on a supported web browser on your computer. Supported web browsers can be Google Chrome Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- You will need to first verify the extensions you have installed on your browser. For this, try disabling the extensions on your browser one at a time. You will need to try to download or upload the file in your Gmail each time after you disable an extension.
- If removing the extensions in your web browser doesn’t fix the issue with a file attachment, it is suggested to try overcoming the problem by clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. For a common web browser like Google Chrome, you can follow the below-mentioned steps accordingly.
- Google Chrome.
- Next, click on the More option (three vertical dots) located on the top-right section.
- Then, select More tools option and click Clear browsing data.
- At the top, you will need to select a time range to delete everything.
- Make sure to select the checkbox next to the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- After that, simply click on the Clear data. Doing so will remove the Cookies and Cache of your Chrome browser.
- Another way to fix the issue with file attachment in Gmail is by opening the Gmail with labs disabled at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?labs=0#settings/labs. If this helps in clearing the problem, it is suggested to try enabling a single at a time.
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow in order to fix the file downloading problem in your Gmail account.
There are numerous features and options available on Facebook to give your account a more personalized appearance. One such amazing feature available on Facebook is the option to pin a post on your Facebook account. A pinned post is basically a status update that you select manually to keep at the top of your Timeline. If you are not aware of this feature and wish to know how to pin your favorite post in your Facebook account, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Continue reading “How to Pin A Post On Facebook?”
Skype is a useful application to carry out various professional and personal email-related tasks. Whether you want to send messages and files or need to make audio/video calls, host group calls, Skype is capable of carrying these tasks effortlessly.
Continue reading “How to Delete Skype Account?”
Although changing the display name in your Skype account is an easy task, however, if you are thinking to change the username in your Skype account, unfortunately, Skype doesn’t come with an option to change Skype ID in your account.
Continue reading “How to Change Your Skype Name?”
Most of the Facebook users, especially teenagers create their Facebook account with cool names and nicknames. However, when they grow up, they find these cool aliases not-so-cool and wish to change. If you are also using an alias for your Facebook account and want to change it, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Continue reading “How to Change Your Name On Facebook?”
If you are looking for your Skype ID in your Skype application, well, your Skype ID is the username you create when you join the Skype for the first type. Apart from your username, the other Skype IDs that you can use to access your account is your registered phone number or email address.
Continue reading “Know How To Find Your Skype ID?”
Whether no longer want to use your Hotmail account or you have multiple Hotmail accounts, if you are looking to close your Hotmail account, it is suggested to make sure of these two factors:
Continue reading “How to Close a Hotmail Account?”
When you have so many passwords to remember for your different online accounts, forgetting the password of your Skype account can be considered as a common affair. In such a case, you can anytime regain access to your account by resetting the password of your Microsoft account with which your Skype account is associated.
Continue reading “Forgot My Skype Account Password. How to Recover it?”
It is always recommended to use a strong password for your Facebook account as it helps prevent others from guessing your password easily and hack into your account.
Continue reading “How to Change Facebook Password?”
One of the most common issues reported by Hotmail users is a problem receiving emails in their account. As there can be numerous responsible for causing problems receiving emails in Hotmail, it can be quite troublesome to overcome this issue.
Continue reading “Hotmail Not Receiving Emails? Learn How to Fix it”