Situation: You have not connected Brother Printer to your PC.
Solution: Download the drivers and install them to your PC. Before you start the process, disconnect the USB cable from your PC. These steps will work for Windows XP and Vista.
4 Steps To Fix Brother Printer Driver Installation Issue
- Create a Folder
- Right click anywhere on the free space on your desktop and select ‘New’ from the drop down menu.
- Click on ‘Folder’ from the pop-out.
- Name the folder ‘Brother.’
- Download the Printer Driver
Instructions are for Internet Explorer 7 and above versions.
- Go to support.brother.com.
- Select your region/country. Click on ‘Change Country (Language)’ to make changes.
- Select your model from the series menu.
- Click on ‘>>’ icon to confirm.
- Choose ‘Downloads’, select (ALL).
- Select you OS, select your preferred language and click ‘Search’ button.
- Choose WHQL certified Driver.
- Click ‘More Information’, click ‘Download.’
- Click ‘I Accept’ after reading the End Users License Agreement.
- Click ‘Save’ on the window that appear.
- Select the ‘Brother’ folder you have created on your desktop (in step 1). Click ‘Save.’
- Decompress the downloaded driver
- Open the ‘Brother’ folder on desktop.
- Double click on the downloaded file with .exe extension.
- If the ‘Open File – Security Window’ appears, click ‘Run’, else continue.
- Click ‘Browse’ at the WinZip Self extractor.
- Select the ‘Brother’ folder and click ‘OK.’
- Click ‘Unzip.’
- Click ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Close the WinZip Self Extractor window.
- The system will create a folder ‘English’ or other depending upon your language.
- Install Printer Driver
For Windows XP
- Connect the interface cord and power ON the Brother printer.
- In the New Hardware Wizard, select ‘No not at this Time’ and click ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)’ and click ‘Next.’
- Select ‘Search for the best driver’ in these selections. Check the box in front of ‘Include this location in the search.’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the ‘Brother’ folder. Click ‘OK.’
- Click ‘Next’ and click ‘Finish.’
- You will see a message ‘Your new hardware is installed and ready to use’ at bottom left of your desktop.
For Windows Vista
- Connect the interface wire and power ON your Brother printer.
- ‘Found New Hardware’ window will appear. Select ‘Locate and install driver software (Recommended.)’
- Click ‘I don’t have the disc. Show me other option.’
- Click ‘Browse my computer for driver software (Advanced.)’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the ‘Brother’ folder. Click ‘OK’ and click ‘Next.’
- When ‘The software for this device has been successfully installed’ window appear, click ‘Close.’
- You will see a message ‘Your devices are ready to use’ at the left bottom of your desktop.
For further query, contact Brother Printer Technical Support.