Lexmark is one of the leading printer manufacturing brands in the world, but this does not make the Lexmark Printers secure against some of the common issues that all other brand printers suffer from. One of such issues includes network connectivity error.
Before you get into fixing any laser printer problem, it is important to know the symptoms. If you are noticing the following problems in your Lexmark Printer, then it is generally caused due to issues with your printer’s Spooler. These problems include:
In order to prepare your Lexmark printer for printing (for the first time), you need to install the printer driver and software. If you bought a new printer; you would have got an installation CD with the printer.
You just need to follow the instruction mentioned to install the software from the CD. However, in case you bought a second-hand piece, you may not get an installation CD with the printer.
In such a case, you can easily download and install the driver and software from the official website of Lexmark. Below we have discussed both the ways to prepare your Lexmark printer for the first time use.
Steps to Install Printer Driver and Software in Lexmark Printer
Method 1: Installation through CD
1.) First, close down all the software applications that are running.
2.) Now, insert the printer driver software CD in the CD-ROM. Wait until it loads.
3.) After it appears in the Windows Explorer, double-click the CD icon. The installer dialog will display. Double-click the Install icon.
4.) Click OK after completing the authentication notice. You will be guided through the introduction.
5.) Click Continue for Readme Files and License agreement when asked.
6.) Select your preferred language from the pop-up menu located at the top. Click Continue and then click Agree.
7.) Select the operating system that you are using as the destination where the printer driver software will be installed. Click Continue.
8.) Finally, Click on Install and wait until the process completes. Once completed, you can start using your Lexmark Printer.
Method 2: Installation through Website
1.) Visit the official website of Lexmark.
2.) Browse through the menu selection on the home page, and then click on option Drivers & Downloads.
3.) Now, Select the printer model and printer driver for your operating system.
4.) Download the driver by following the on-screen instruction. Once downloaded, install the printer software by following instructions.
5.) Once the installation process is completed, restart your PC and Printer. Now, you can start using your Lexmark printer.
For more help, please call us on our toll-free Lexmark printer technical support phone number. You can also send your query on our email ID, or you can have a one-on-one conversation with our expert via live chat. Our experts will help you resolve all your Lexmark printer related issues almost instantly.
We are a steadfast third party Lexmark printer customer support service provider which aims for utmost customer satisfaction.
Feel free to call us anytime; our services are available 24 hours.
Are you having trouble in the configuration of your Lexmark Printer? Here are two different ways of setting the printer IP address which is attached to a network. You can do this either through the Printer Selection dialog box or through the Configure Network Printer Dialog Box. Steps for both are described here:
Configuring Printer through Printer Selection Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility by double-clicking the Lexmark P910 Series folder from your desktop.
- From the menu bar, select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘Select Printer’ and a printer selection dialog box will appear.
- Find your printer in the list, select it and click on ‘Configure.’ This will open the Configure Network Printer dialog box. Follow the steps below in this box:
- Assign an IP address to your printer (steps for assigning IP addresses are given at the end of this post.)
- Click ‘OK’ and you will be back on the Printer selection box.
- Now select your printer from the list.
- Click ‘Select.’ This will start the configuration process.
Configuring Printer through Configure Network Printer Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility.
- Select ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
- Select the ‘Network Printer Configuration’ option to open the Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
- Select your printer from the list and click ‘Configure.’ Do this on the ‘Configure Network Printer’ screen:
- Provide an IP address to your network printer (steps are provided at the end of this post.) You can contact your network administrator in case of difficulty.
- Click Ok.
- Select your printer from the list on the Printer selection screen in case you want to configure another printer.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the configuration process.
| Steps for Assigning IP Address to Network Printer
· Open the Utility of Lexmark P910 Series.
· Choose ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
· Choose ‘Configure’ from the Printer Selection dialog box or Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Go to ‘Configure a new printer’ option.
· A dialog box will appear. Enter an IP address in the field provided.
· Click OK to set the IP address.
· Click ‘Select’ on Printer Selection dialog box or ‘Done’ on Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Close the Utility
If you have any issue in Lexmark printer configuration, contact our Lexmark printer support for 24-hour assistance. Our certified professionals offer quick solutions for simple and complex printer issues.