Email accounts being hacked and users’ personal information being stolen are the dark side of emailing service. This brings a sense of insecurity among users. With increasing cases of cyber scams (Yahoo scam being the recent), every email service is trying to provide extra security to its users. Two-step verification feature is one of such service.
As Microsoft withdrew support for Delta Sync protocol which was used as the synchronization protocol, it has caused trouble to many Windows Live Mail users who preferred to use the app to synchronize their Microsoft email accounts.
The company upgraded the service from Delta Sync to Exchange Active Sync synchronization protocol. This has resulted in a situation where users are not able to sync their Windows Live Mail account and getting an error message. If you are also experiencing this issue and looking for a solution, here is what you need to do.
Steps to Fix Windows Live Mail Syncing Problem
In order to fix Windows Live Mail syncing problem with Live, Outlook, Hotmail and other MS email account, it is suggested to add your Microsoft account using either IMAP or POP3 protocol in Windows Live Mail.
- Remove your current Microsoft account from Windows Live Mail and try adding it back with IMAP or POP3 protocols.
- To do this, you will need to open Windows Live Mail and go to the “Accounts” tab. Locate the “Email” button under “Accounts” tab.
- A dialogue box will appear where you will be asked to provide information about your email account including password.
- Locate the option “Manually configure server settings” at the bottom and check the box. Then, click on “Next” tab.
- Now, you will get a new page where you will see options for “Configure server settings”.
- For POP3 Protocol Settings, go to “Incoming Server Information”, change “Server Type” to “POP3”, and change “Server Address” to “pop-Mail.Outlook.com” and “Port” to “995”. Enter your Windows Live ID in “Logon User Name” field.
- Next, under “Outgoing Server Information” change “Server Address” to “smtp-mail.outlook.com” and “Port” to “25”. Make sure you check the box next to “Requires a Secure Connection SSL” and “Requires Authentication”.
- For IMAP Protocol Settings, go to “Incoming Server Information”, change “Server Type” to “IMAP”, and change “Server Address” to “imap-Mail.Outlook.com” and “Port” to “993”. Enter your Windows Live ID in “Logon User Name” field.
- Next, under “Outgoing Server Information” make the same changes as made in Step 7.
- Once you are done with everything, click on the “Next” tab and your email account will be added. Now try to sync Windows Live Mail to your email account and check whether it works.
To know more about Windows Live Mail syncing or any other issues, give us a call at our toll-free number. We offer remarkable services as our experts are well versed in solving issues related to email accounts.
We are third party Windows Live Mail Technical Support service provider. Our service can be availed anytime from anywhere as we are 24/7 open. Apart from calling our toll-free number, you can drop your query at our email or you can also have a one on one session with our experts through live chat option.
So, get in touch with us right away if you are experiencing issues in using your email account.
Windows Live Mail is a very useful email client which lets a user manage and access his/her Windows Live, Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail account in one place. Though being a great convenient, Windows Live Mail can be annoying if it gets hacked or you forget the password.
If you are experiencing account blocked/ hacked issue or forgot your password and searching for a way to recover Windows Live Mail account password quickly, then this is your guide! Below you can find quick steps to reset your password quickly.
11 Steps to Recover Windows Live Mail Account Password Quickly
- Window Live Mail Account is connected via your Microsoft account, so you can easily reset your password by resetting Microsoft account.
- Go to Microsoft sign-in page and enter your user id. It could be your email, phone number or Skype id. Enter it and click “Next”.
- Now, locate the option “forgot my password” and click it.
- Select the option “I forgot my password” and click “Next”.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter a captcha. Enter the captcha as shown and click “Next”.
- Now you will need to select any one option to receive the code. You can either chose email or you can go for a phone Select any one and click “Next”. You will receive a code on your email/phone, enter it on the screen and confirm it.
- In case you don’t have access to your email or phone number, select the third options “I don’t have any of these” and click “Next”. Doing so will take you to a new page where you will be allowed to enter any other email id. Enter the email id and Click “Next”. You will receive a code on your email. Enter it on the screen and confirm it.
- Now you will get to the “Password Reset” page. Create a new password and enter it twice in the text boxes.
- Click “Next” and you are done!
- Now, try logging in to your Windows Live Mail account.
- Apart from this method, you can also search for password recovery tool for Windows Live Mail on the internet.
If even after following the above steps, you are not able to access your Windows Live Mail account, then you need to seek advice from an expert. And, when it’s about experts, we are one of the most reliable and fervent third party Windows Live Mail Technical Support service providers in the industry.
We have a team of seasoned experts who are proficient enough to tackle any sort of Windows Live Mail related issue, be it password reset, blocked account, hacked account, slow loading or any other issue.
To know more about our service or to get a solution for any of your query, call us at our toll-free number, or drop an email on our email id. You can also have a one to one session with our technical expert via live chat.
Moreover, we believe in making things convenient for our customers and considering that fact, we offer our service round the clock 365 days. So, feel free to call us right away when you stuck with any Windows Live Mail related issue.
We are and we will always be just a call away from solving your email related problems.