Sharing files is one of the most common functions in Yahoo Mail. However, sometimes, a lot of users wonder why they are not able to attach a file to an email when they have composed and sent so many emails without any trouble in the past.
Sharing files and data through Yahoo mail is quite common. A lot of users use Yahoo email for sharing information, data, and files for both professional and personal purposes.
One just needs to attach the softcopy of information or data that he/she wants to send to the recipient. While for some, performing this task is a piece of cake, but on the other hand, many people find trouble attaching files in Yahoo email due to different technical issues.
So, to help those who are facing problem in Yahoo email attachment and looking for an instant solution, this post is especially for them. Below are the tips and tricks to get rid of Yahoo Email attachment problems:
4 Steps To Fix Attaching a file in Yahoo Mail
1) Sometimes, a file can virus-infected, so it is suggested that you install a good anti-virus application and scan the file. After it has been cleaned, you will be able to attach it. Not only for this purpose but in order to keep your system protected and secured, make sure you always keep anti-virus active.
2) In case your file name contains special characters such [email protected]#$%& etc. it is best to remove them and try attaching the file again.
3) Make sure that the size of your file is supported by Yahoo mail. A bigger size file than allowed will not be accepted by Yahoo mail and this will not be attached.
4) You may prefer to attach a complete folder as attaching individual files one by one can consume a lot of time if they are in many numbers. But as Yahoo mail doesn’t support the attachment of folders, it is suggested that you make a zip of the file and attach the zip to your Yahoo mail. This will reduce the uploading time and let you send multiple files easily and quickly.
Unable to Download Attachments From Yahoo Mail
There can be numerous reasons due to which you might be experiencing issues opening or downloading an attachment when using Yahoo Mail application on the desktop, cell phone, or any other device. Maybe the problem is with the web browser you are using or the extensions installed on it, it can also be caused due to the cache and cookies of your browser. In most of the cases, you can fix the problem by following the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Help Fix Problem Downloading Attachment in Yahoo Mail
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing in the line is to make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Any issues with your internet connection can prevent you from downloading the attachment from your Yahoo Mail account. To ensure that your internet connection is working properly, open a couple of random websites on your web browser, and see if it is loading properly or not. If the websites don’t load properly, you will first need to address the problem with your internet connection and then try downloading the Yahoo Mail attachment.
Use a Supported Web Browser
Using an incompatible or unsupported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account is one of the common reasons responsible for various issues with Yahoo Mail including this one. Therefore, it is always suggested to access your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.
Keep Your Web Browser Up to Date
If you are already using a supported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account but still can’t download the attachment, the problem could be occurring because of using an outdated browser. So, it is suggested to make sure that you are using the latest version of your web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account. You can find the update option for most of the browsers in the Settings section only. Once you update your browser, log out of your Yahoo Mail account, close the browser, open it again, and then sign in back to your Yahoo Mail account. You can then try downloading the attachment to your system.
Check the Browser Enhancements
In certain cases, the problem of failing to download a Yahoo Mail attachment can also occur due to a faulty browser enhancement like an add-on or plugin. If you have a lot of add-ons and plug-ins installed on your web browser, you will need to identify which one is exactly causing the problem. However, before checking that, you will need to first check if even browser enhancements are causing the problem or not. For this, you can simply sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a private browsing window in your web browser (For example Incognito tab in Google Chrome).
When you open a private browsing window, it prevents any browser enhancements from loading. This way you can know if any browser enhancement is responsible for causing the problem. If you can download the attachment, it means the problem is being caused due to an add-on or plug-in. In such a case, you will need to get to the normal browsing mode of your web browser and disable extension (one at a time) to identify the one causing the problem and remove it.
Clear Browser’s Cache and Cookies
As cache and cookies in your browser can also lead to problems downloading an attachment in your Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to regularly clear the cache and cookies of your web browser. You will generally find the option to clear them in the history section of your browser. Once you clear the cache and cookies, you will need to restart your browser and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Check the Security Programs
Security programs and settings like Antivirus software installed on your system or a Firewall setting can also affect the functionality of your web browser, leading to issue with your Yahoo Mail account. To check, if they are causing the problem, you would want to disable the program or setting (one at a time) to know which one is exactly causing the issue. Once you identify the cause, address it accordingly to overcome the problem.
Check the File Type
If you were able to download the file to your device but unable to open it, make sure that you have the right application installed on your device to support the file type of the attachment. For example, if you are trying to open a Microsoft Excel file attachment, you will need to have the Microsoft Excel program installed on your device. Otherwise, you will not be able to open the attachment even if you are successful in downloading it.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help you solve the problem of not being able to download attachments from Yahoo Mail.
In case you are still not able to get rid of this problem, you can simply contact us. We have a team of professionals who are capable of resolving the issue almost instantly. We are known for providing reliable and competent third party Yahoo mail customer support service to every user who faces any trouble with their email account.
What makes us the Best Third-Party Yahoo Customer Service Provider?
- Our services are available 24/7
- We have a team of certified and experienced engineers.
- We provide instant solutions to any Yahoo mail related issues, be it file attachment, hacking, password reset or any other problem.
- We provide assistance through our toll-free number, email and live chat as well.
Get in Touch with us today!
Yahoo mail has really made great innovation in making communication simple throughout the world. Yahoo email services are popular among the users for very long because of its easy and user-friendly features. Yahoo mail emerged when there were very few email service providers. And, due to this, its’ amazing presence is still with a large number of users across the world.
There are many users who are using it for a long time and at the same time; there are also some users who are using it for a very short time. And, due to this, they find trouble in maintaining the security of their Yahoo mail account. However, here with this post, you will come to know about the perfect ways to secure your Yahoo mail account. Thus, let’s have a look at that procedure:
A simple approach for strong Yahoo mail security:
- Choose a memorable and strong password
A password is a key for your Yahoo mail, so you should create a strong password that can easily be remembered. Here, you should always take the thing that can easily be recalled easily and cannot be guessed by others.
- Regularly update all Yahoo information
There might be many changes, after creating your Yahoo mail account. So, you should always update the information like your alternate email address or your registered phone number with Yahoo. This updated information is needed so that you can easily recover your Yahoo mail account whenever you forgot the password.
- Beware while using any online service
Nowadays, cyber scams are increasing at the fastest rate, so you always need to be alert before accessing any of the services for Yahoo. There are many fake online services providers who try to lure you have your confidential data. If you find any unauthorized site, don’t click on it and just move away.
- Always use your secured network
While login to your Yahoo mail account, a network should always be secured so that your information could not leak anywhere. If you are using an open network, you should always delete your login information from your browsing history.
These security hacks are really going to help you in a great way to secure your Yahoo mail account. However, if you need more information about security hacks, you can contact Yahoo Customer Care Support and can have strong security tips towards your Yahoo mail account.
A real-time conversation is what we always admire. A typical email conversation goes as first you will send an email, then the receiver will read it after a while and then you will get a reply; there is no time limit. This not the disadvantage, of Yahoo mail, but just a typical email conversation. Sometimes you don’t want to wait for an email reply; you can get the conversation on chat.
Yahoo made a brilliant feature of Yahoo messenger chat in Yahoo mail. This enables users to chat with their contacts if they wish. You need to have a valid Yahoo ID for chatting. Don’t be surprised; this is really an interesting feature of Yahoo mail which you haven’t explored yet.
Yahoo chat messenger is the most popular instant messaging. This is really an interesting feature in your Yahoo mail account. You can chat with your Yahoo contacts using it without even switch to an individual Yahoo chat application. We have a guide for you to learn how to chat with somebody in Yahoo! Mail.
Steps to chat with somebody in Yahoo! Mail
The first thing is that you need to make sure you are not using a Yahoo! Mail Basic version, but the fully-featured version because the basic version doesn’t support chat
After that, you need to check that you are signed in to chat or not. If you find it is showing offline then change it to available. You can easily choose the status “Available, Busy or Invisible” from the given list.
Learn to enable Yahoo! Messenger in Yahoo! Mail
- The first step is to click the Messenger icon from the top Yahoo mail navigation bar
- Here you need to check whether your first name is entered under the First Name on the Your Messenger Profile sheet or not, if not then enter
- Then check your surname is entered under the Last Name or not, if not then enter
- And then click on the Next button
- Your Yahoo mail’s chat messenger has been enabled successfully Chat with somebody in Yahoo mail.
- First, you need to sign in to your Yahoo mail account using Yahoo ID and password.
- Then press “i” to open the instant message or chat
- You can also click Messenger from the top of your Yahoo mail navigation bar and after that click on the Compose icon
- Now you need to type or select the desired user’s Yahoo Messenger ID or email address and after that press Enter
- Here you can type away over Add a message
- And hitting on Enter button will send the message
- Keep exchanging the message over this messenger and enjoy chatting
If you still face any kind of issue in the procedure, let me know in the comment section below, or you can contact directly to our Yahoo Customer Care Support Team for instant help.
Yahoo Inc. is the email service company that experienced massive account hacking in the past. In fact, they accepted that there is a threat of Yahoo account hacking in the future too. Yahoo account holders need to increase their security with Yahoo’s new security features.
The first company that introduced the free email service is Yahoo. They initiated and gave internet users their first email address. People started using Yahoo mail for their email conversation. This makes them one of the favorites of hackers. The number of users on Yahoo is higher than the United States’ population.
This is not true that Yahoo’s security is not good enough. The problem is that users need to keep their accounts protected with a decently stronger password. If you ever signed up with Yahoo, you should increase your account security. There is a kind of Email support service provider present in the market, But It’s really not difficult to secure your account by considering easy security levels. You can learn various security levels for your Yahoo account here.
- Use Yahoo Account Key instead of a password
Your password can be hacked or crack, what if you don’t keep a password. Yes, Yahoo introduced this innovative security feature name Yahoo Account key. You need to enable Yahoo Account Key; once enabled, this will send a notification on your registered mobile number for permission to access your account. No one else can access your Yahoo account.
- Use 2-Step verification
Yahoo also has this dual layer of security for a Yahoo account. This will use your Yahoo account password and a security code to get access to your Yahoo account. Once you enable it, you need to use your password and then a security code that will send to your registered mobile number or an alternative email address. Without this security code, no one can access your Yahoo account.
- Create a strong password and change it frequently
If you are more comfortable with a conventional password; you need to make it a real stronger and complicated one. Your Yahoo account password should be a good combination of letters, numbers, special characters and case sensitive too. We always recommend changing your Yahoo password after an interval of 2 or 3 months. This will avoid the chances of password hacking.
- Enable security alert and account recovery information
You can enable your Yahoo account security alerts. This will help you to get a security notification whenever there will be an attempt to sign in to your account. You will get an alert on your registered mobile number or email. If you find it suspicious, you can inform Yahoo and change your password for better protection. Also, update account recovery information, so no one can get into your Yahoo account.
After reading this, if you still face any kind of issue to make enable these setting tips to your yahoo mail account, feel free to contact for Yahoo Customer Care Support for complete solutions to your concerned issues.
Do you freak out by seeing your inbox? Are you among those who receive a large number of mails? Does it take half of your working time to organize your emails? If yes, then you surely need to use the ‘filters’ option by Yahoo! Mail.
The second most used emailing service offers this convenient option to manage email messages easily. Filters allow managing incoming emails automatically based on pre-defined criteria (which will be set by you.) Let’s see how you can create filters and manage your emails even before you see them.
8 Steps To Set Up a Filter In Yahoo! Mail
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer) and type yahoo.com in the address bar.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button at the top right corner. You will be redirected to the sign-in page (shown in the next step.)
- Log into your account with your valid email id and password.
- In your mailbox, at the top right corner, find the gear icon (see the red arrow in the figure below.) Hover your mouse over the icon and select ‘Settings.’
- In the page that follows, select ‘Filters’ option from the left side panel.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button in the right-side panel to add a filter (see the picture below.)
- ‘Add a new filter’ window will appear; give a suitable name (WorkEmails in the image below) to the filter. Set the required conditions by choosing from ‘contains’, ‘does not contain’, ‘begins with’, ‘ends with’ filters.
- Let’s see some examples of setting filters:
- Suppose you want the emails from a particular email id to go to a particular folder. Then in the ‘From’ field select ‘contains’ and type that email id in the text field.
- Let’s have one more example: In this scenario, you want all the emails with the ‘application’ word in the subject to move to a different folder. So in the ‘Subject’ field, select ‘contains’ and write the word ‘application’ in the box next to it.
- Make sure that the ‘match case’ box is unchecked.
- Select the move to the folder from the dropdown. You need to create folders before applying filters if you want separate folders. Click ‘Save.’
- You will be back on the ‘Settings’ window. The filter you have just created (WorkEmails) will be visible on the right side (you can edit or remove it through the respective buttons after selecting the filter.)
- Click ‘Save’ again to complete the process.
Please note that filters cannot be created in Yahoo! Mail’s basic (classic) version. However, you can use them in the basic version. So, you need to switch to the new version, create a filter and then use them in both versions.
How to Add Yahoo Spam Filters?
While there are numerous useful features offered by Yahoo Mail, among them, one of the most useful ones is the option to create a filter to sort emails. With Yahoo Mail filter, you can easily organize your incoming emails and configure which email to keep in your folder and which one to dump in the Trash. If you are looking to add a Yahoo Spam filter, you can do so easily by following the information provided below.
Adding Yahoo Spam Filter
Spam emails are among the most frustrating things you would find in your email service. Thanks to Yahoo Mail filters that you can easily get rid of such unwanted emails. To know how to create, edit, sort, and delete filters in your Yahoo Mail account, follow these steps.
To Create Spam Filters
- In your Yahoo Mail account, you will first need to the Settings section. You can find the settings section by clicking on the Settings option (Gear icon) located near the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears by clicking on the Settings option, you will need to select the More Settings
- In the More Settings option, you will need to click on the Filters
- Once you are in the Filters section, click on the Add new filters
- In the prompted fields, enter a suitable name for the filter, configure the filter rules, and select or create a folder for the spam emails.
- Once you are done, simply click on the Save A Spam filter will be created in your Yahoo Mail account and future spam emails will be filtered through this Spam filter (according to configured rules).
To Edit Filters
- In your Yahoo Mail account, click on the Settings option (Gear icon) located on the top-right corner of the screen. Then from the expanded menu, you will need to click on the More Settings
- Once you are in the More settings section, click on the Filters option located on the left-hand side panel.
- In the Filters section, you will see the list of filters configured by you.
- From the given list, you will need to select the filter that you want to edit.
- Then, in the prompted edit window, you can edit the name, rules, and folder for the selected filter.
- Once you are done making the changes, simply click on the Save
To Sort Filter Order
The filter you configured in your Yahoo Mail account effect the incoming emails according to the order they are in. Considering this factor, you should be aware of the following:
- Yahoo Mail Filters are prioritized from top to down.
- In case there are two filters applicable to the same email, the top filter will be effective.
- You can move filters by first selecting the desired filter and then click on the UP or DOWN arrow located next to the Add new filters
To Delete Filters
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and click on the Settings option (Gear icon) locate near the top-right corner of the window. From the menu that expands below the Settings option, you will need to click on the More settings
- In the More Settings section, select Filters option from the left-hand side panel. You will see the list of Filters on the right-hand side.
- From the list, you will need to select the filter you wish to delete.
- Once you select the filter you wish to remove from the list, simply click the Delete option (Trash icon) located next to Add new filters
- The selected filter will be deleted from your Yahoo Mail account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to add Yahoo Spam filters.
Still, have any doubts? Contact Yahoo support services for complete assistance.
Yahoo! is the 2nd most popular email service after Google’s Gmail. Millions of users access Yahoo! Mail every day across the globe. So, here is a post compiling 7 most useful tips for these users and also for the new members to become a Yahoo! Mail Pro.
7 Steps To Become Yahoo Mail Pro
Set up Yahoo! Mail Signature
- Take the cursor over the gear icon on the top right corner of your inbox.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the drop-down.
- Select ‘Accounts’ and tick the option ‘Append a signature to the emails you send’ under ‘Signature’ heading.
- Type your desired signature in the text box and click ’Save.’
Create a Group E-mailing List
Creating an emailing list will allow you to send a single message to a number of recipients without typing everyone’s email id. Isn’t it a time-saving feature?
- Click the ‘Contacts’ icon in the top left navigation bar.
- Select ‘New List’ from the left navigation bar.
- Enter the desired name you want to assign for the list. Press ‘Enter.’ Just drag and drop the members’ email ids in the list.
This feature is not available in the basic version.
Check Message Spellings
Spelling mistakes in emails cause embarrassment. Correct them with the Yahoo spell checker.
- After writing the message, click ‘ABC’ on the message formatting bar.
- Right-click on the words that are underlined red for word suggestions. Select the correct spelling. You can also correct the spelling yourself when you spot the error.
Block a Sender
- Take the mouse over the gear icon and select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Go to the ‘Blocked Addresses’ category in the left side panel.
- In the ‘Add an address’ field, type the email address you want to block.
- Click ‘Block’ and ‘Save.’
Set up Auto Reply
This feature is useful when you are on a vacation or working on some important projects and can’t reply to your emails.
- Take the mouse over the gear icon at the top right corner.
- From the left panel, select ‘Holiday Response.’
- Tick the ‘Enable automatic responses during these dates (inclusive)’ and select the dates. Type the auto-reply message. You can click on the ‘Send sample copy to me’ button to see how the message will look.
- Click ‘Save.’
Add New Contacts Automatically
You are not required to add every sender to your contacts. Yahoo will do it for you automatically. You just need to set this command (although it is set by default).
- Go to the ‘Settings’ page from the setting gear icon.
- Under the ‘Writing email’ category, find the ‘When sending’ heading (it is the first heading.)
- Make sure ‘Automatically add new recipients to Contacts’ option are checked.
- Click ‘Save.’
Search a Message with Search Operators
The search option is useful for finding that important email from your inbox. Just type your query in the search box and hit ‘Enter.’ If you are sure about exact words in the email, type them within quotes. For instance “project ABC.”
You can search a mail by different fields such as ‘from’, ‘subject’, ‘to:’, ‘cc:’, ‘bcc:’, ‘attachment’ etc. Just use the field name as a prefix followed by colons and then your search word. For example, type ‘subject: project’ without quotes in the search box. Yahoo! will list all the emails with word project in its subject field.
Apply these tips and enjoy a smooth Yahoo! emailing experience. Get Yahoo Technical Support on the toll-free number for all email related issues.