Sharing files and data through Yahoo mail is quite common. A lot of users use Yahoo email for sharing information, data, and files for both professional and personal purposes.
One just needs to attach the softcopy of information or data that he/she wants to send to the recipient. While for some, performing this task is a piece of cake, on the other hand, many people find trouble attaching files in Yahoo email due to different technical issues.
So, to help those who are facing problems in Yahoo email attachments and looking for an instant solution, this post is especially for them. Below are the tips and tricks to get rid of Yahoo Email attachment problems:
4 Steps To Fix Attaching a file in Yahoo Mail
1) Sometimes, a file can be virus-infected, so it is suggested that you install a good anti-virus application and scan the file. After it has been cleaned, you will be able to attach it. Not only for this purpose but in order to keep your system protected and secured, make sure you always keep anti-virus active.
2) In case your file name contains special characters such [email protected]#$%& etc. it is best to remove them and try attaching the file again.
3) Make sure that the size of your file is supported by Yahoo mail. A bigger size file than allowed will not be accepted by Yahoo mail and this will not be attached.
4) You may prefer to attach a complete folder as attaching individual files one by one can consume a lot of time if they are in many numbers. But as Yahoo mail doesn’t support the attachment of folders, it is suggested that you make a zip of the file and attach the zip to your Yahoo mail. This will reduce the uploading time and let you send multiple files easily and quickly.
Unable to Download Attachments From Yahoo Mail
There can be numerous reasons due to which you might be experiencing issues opening or downloading an attachment when using the Yahoo Mail application on the desktop, cell phone, or any other device. Maybe the problem is with the web browser you are using or the extensions installed on it, it can also be caused due to the cache and cookies of your browser. In most cases, you can fix the problem by following the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Help Fix Problem Downloading Attachment in Yahoo Mail
- Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing in the line is to make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Any issues with your internet connection can prevent you from downloading the attachment from your Yahoo Mail account. To ensure that your internet connection is working properly, open a couple of random websites on your web browser, and see if it is loading properly or not. If the websites don’t load properly, you will first need to address the problem with your internet connection and then try downloading the Yahoo Mail attachment.
- Use a Supported Web Browser
Using an incompatible or unsupported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account is one of the common reasons responsible for various issues with Yahoo Mail including this one. Therefore, it is always suggested to access your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.
- Keep Your Web Browser Up to Date
If you are already using a supported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account but still can’t download the attachment, the problem could be occurring because of using an outdated browser. So, it is suggested to make sure that you are using the latest version of your web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account. You can find the update option for most of the browsers in the Settings section only. Once you update your browser, log out of your Yahoo Mail account, close the browser, open it again, and then sign in back to your Yahoo Mail account. You can then try downloading the attachment to your system.
- Check the Browser Enhancements
In certain cases, the problem of failing to download a Yahoo Mail attachment can also occur due to a faulty browser enhancement like an add-on or plugin. If you have a lot of add-ons and plug-ins installed on your web browser, you will need to identify which one is exactly causing the problem. However, before checking that, you will need to first check if even browser enhancements are causing the problem or not. For this, you can simply sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a private browsing window in your web browser (For example Incognito tab in Google Chrome).
When you open a private browsing window, it prevents any browser enhancements from loading. This way you can know if any browser enhancement is responsible for causing the problem. If you can download the attachment, it means the problem is being caused due to an add-on or plug-in. In such a case, you will need to get to the normal browsing mode of your web browser and disable the extension (one at a time) to identify the one causing the problem and remove it.
- Clear Browser’s Cache and Cookies
As cache and cookies in your browser can also lead to problems downloading an attachment in your Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to regularly clear the cache and cookies of your web browser. You will generally find the option to clear them in the history section of your browser. Once you clear the cache and cookies, you will need to restart your browser and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Check the Security Programs
Security programs and settings like Antivirus software installed on your system or a Firewall setting can also affect the functionality of your web browser, leading to issues with your Yahoo Mail account. To check, if they are causing the problem, you would want to disable the program or setting (one at a time) to know which one is exactly causing the issue. Once you identify the cause, address it accordingly to overcome the problem.
- Check the File Type
If you were able to download the file to your device but unable to open it, make sure that you have the right application installed on your device to support the file type of the attachment. For example, if you are trying to open a Microsoft Excel file attachment, you will need to have the Microsoft Excel program installed on your device. Otherwise, you will not be able to open the attachment even if you are successful in downloading it.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help you solve the problem of not being able to download attachments from Yahoo Mail.
In case you are still not able to get rid of this problem, you can simply contact us. We have a team of professionals who are capable of resolving the issue almost instantly. We are known for providing reliable and competent third-party Yahoo mail customer support service to every user who faces any trouble with their email account.
What makes us the Best Third-Party Yahoo Customer Service Provider?
- Our services are available 24/7
- We have a team of certified and experienced engineers.
- We provide instant solutions to any Yahoo mail related issues, be it file attachment, hacking, password reset or any other problem.
- We provide assistance through our toll-free number, email and live chat as well.
Get in Touch with us today!