Although changing the display name in your Skype account is an easy task, however, if you are thinking to change the username in your Skype account, unfortunately, Skype doesn’t come with an option to change Skype ID in your account.
In such a case, either you can create a new Skype ID or you can change the display name in your account. While you might be knowing as to how to create a new Skype ID, however, if you are looking to change the display name of your Skype account, you can do so easily by following the instructions mentioned herein below.
Steps to Change Your Skype Username
NOTE: As there are different versions of Skype available, the below-mentioned steps may vary a bit for your Skype. To make it convenient for the users, we have mentioned the steps below to change the Skype display name for both – latest and old versions of Skype. So, make sure to follow the instructions as per the version you are using.
Steps to Change Name on New Version of Skype
When using a new Skype version, follow the below-mentioned instructions to change the display name in your Skype account.
1.) Launch the Skype application on your computer and log in to your account (if not signed in already). Once you are logged in, you will need to click on your Profile Picture located on the top-left corner. This will open the profile window on your screen.
2.) In Skype Profile window, click on the Skype profile
3.) Here, On the right side of your name, there is a pencil icon. Simply click it.
4.) Once you are done making the desired changes, you will need to click on the Check icon located next to the field where you entered the new profile name.
5.) Clicking on the Check icon will update the new name in your Skype account.
Steps to Change Name on Old Version of Skype
When using the older version of Skype, you can change the display name for your Skype account by following the steps mentioned below.
- Start by launching the Skype application on your computer and then sign in to your account for which you are looking to change the display name or profile name.
- Once you are logged in to your Skype account, you will need to click on your Profile name which is on the top-left corner of the screen next to the profile picture. This will open your profile window on the computer screen.
- Next, click on your Profile Name located in the top section of the profile window. This will make your existing display name editable in the field.
- Then, you will need to clear your current name from the editable field and enter the desired name in place of it.
- Once you are done providing your new display name, simply click on the Check icon located next to your name to save the changes. And this is how your new Skype display name will be saved for your Skype account.
So, these are the instructions you will need to follow to change the display name or profile name in your Microsoft Skype account.