Whether no longer want to use your Hotmail account or you have multiple Hotmail accounts, if you are looking to close your Hotmail account, it is suggested to make sure of these two factors:
- Make sure that it is you and anyone else trying to close your Hotmail account.
- Make sure that you are not leaving anything important which you may need later on.
In addition to the above, it is also worth noting that in order to prevent your account from getting accidentally closed, Microsoft always asks you to provide identity verification. For example, in case you recently reset your account password, it is best to wait for at least 60 days before closing your account.
Well, if you have made your mind to close your Microsoft Hotmail account, just follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Delete a Hotmail Account
As Hotmail is a Microsoft product, it comes associated with a Microsoft account. In order to delete your Hotmail account, you will need to delete your Microsoft account. However, you will need to delete all the services associated with your Microsoft account before deleting it. This comprises:
- Skype ID and Contacts,
- Xbox Live data and GamerTag,
- org account,
- Saved OneDrive files,
- com, Hotmail, MSN, and Live email accounts.
In addition to above-mentioned services, you will need to make sure of the following suggestions when terminating your account,
- Use the money in your account.
- Let people know how to reach you.
- Save your data and files.
- Cancel any subscriptions associated with your account.
- Use the remaining Skype credit.
- Use your remaining Online Commercial Support Benefit.
- Cancel any current business service and delete Azure Active Directories (if any).
- Manage your kid’s Microsoft accounts.
- Save your health records.
After you have considered the above-mentioned suggestions, follow these steps to close your Microsoft Hotmail account.
- On your web browser, go to the Microsoft Account Termination page. You will be asked to log in to your account.
- After you have signed in to your Microsoft account, on the next screen, you will be prompted to consider the information given on the page before marking your account for closure.
- After going through the information given on the page, click on the Next
- On the next page, you will be given information about the data you would lose on closing your account. On this page, you will need to select the checkbox next to every given option to assure Microsoft that you have considered the effects of closing your account.
- After you are done selecting the checkbox next to each option, select a reason from the drop-down menu for closing your account.
- Once you are done selecting a reason from the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Mark account for closure This will close your Hotmail account permanently.
Recovering Deleted Hotmail Account
After deleting your Microsoft account, you will be able to recover your Microsoft account within 60 days from the date of terminating your account. After 60 days, your Microsoft Hotmail account will be closed permanently.
And, this is how you can close your Hotmail account permanently.