Are you having trouble in the configuration of your Lexmark Printer? Here are two different ways of setting the printer IP address which is attached to a network. You can do this either through the Printer Selection dialog box or through the Configure Network Printer Dialog Box. Steps for both are described here:
Configuring Printer through Printer Selection Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility by double-clicking the Lexmark P910 Series folder from your desktop.
- From the menu bar, select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘Select Printer’ and a printer selection dialog box will appear.
- Find your printer in the list, select it and click on ‘Configure.’ This will open the Configure Network Printer dialog box. Follow the steps below in this box:
- Assign an IP address to your printer (steps for assigning IP addresses are given at the end of this post.)
- Click ‘OK’ and you will be back on the Printer selection box.
- Now select your printer from the list.
- Click ‘Select.’ This will start the configuration process.
Configuring Printer through Configure Network Printer Dialog Box
- Open Lexmark P910 Series Utility.
- Select ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
- Select the ‘Network Printer Configuration’ option to open the Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
- Select your printer from the list and click ‘Configure.’ Do this on the ‘Configure Network Printer’ screen:
- Provide an IP address to your network printer (steps are provided at the end of this post.) You can contact your network administrator in case of difficulty.
- Click Ok.
- Select your printer from the list on the Printer selection screen in case you want to configure another printer.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the configuration process.
| Steps for Assigning IP Address to Network Printer
· Open the Utility of Lexmark P910 Series.
· Choose ‘Advanced’ from the menu bar.
· Choose ‘Configure’ from the Printer Selection dialog box or Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Go to ‘Configure a new printer’ option.
· A dialog box will appear. Enter an IP address in the field provided.
· Click OK to set the IP address.
· Click ‘Select’ on Printer Selection dialog box or ‘Done’ on Network Printer Configuration dialog box.
· Close the Utility
If you have any issue in Lexmark printer configuration, contact our Lexmark printer support for 24-hour assistance. Our certified professionals offer quick solutions for simple and complex printer issues.