If you are seeing Error 3219 on your screen, it means that your Windows Live Mail is unable to connect to the Hotmail servers in order to retrieve your email messages. The Error 3219 is usually followed by Error 0x8DE00005 (which is the HEX Code) and mainly appears when a user has set up their Windows Live Mail program to link and sync email using the Secure HTTPS link (delta sync).
For many years, this issue has been a serious cause of concern for a lot of users, Windows Live Mail stops functioning when there is an update available on the servers or when the servers get overloaded. If you are also facing a similar problem and looking to fix error 3219 in Hotmail, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Fix Error 3219 in Hotmail
Generally, users using e-mail programs such as Windows Live Mail configure their account as a POP/IMAP account. In order to overcome the error 3219, you will need to delete/remove your current account, and re-configure it as an IMAP or POP account.
Though you can choose either of the protocol, IMAP is considered to be a better option as it allows real-time synchronization and can work simultaneously on different devices.
To Clear Server Error 3219 or 0x8de00005 in Hotmail on Windows Live Mail
In order to clear the error, you will need to re-configure your Hotmail account on Windows Live Mail. However, before going through the reconfiguration process, it is suggested to scan and restore corrupt and missing files on your computer to avoid the possibility of any sort of problem occurring due to corrupt or missing system files. Once you are done scanning your system, follow the instructions provided below.
- To begin the reconfiguration process of your account, you will first need to click on the Accounts tab and then click on the + symbol with the @
- Next, you will need to enter your email address, password, and display name in the provided field.
- Then, select the option that reads Manually Configure Server Settings and click on the Next This will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the IMAP option under the Incoming Server Information
- Next, you will need to enteroffice365.com in the Server Address field and enter 993 in the Port value field.
- Then, you will need to select the checkbox next to the “Requires a secure connection SSL” option and then go to the Outgoing Server Information
- In the Outgoing Server Information section, you will need to enter your Server address as smtp-mail.outlook.com and Port value as 587.
- Then, you will need to select the checkbox next to “Requires a secure connection SSL” and Requires authentication options and click on the Next
- In case you also wish to move your emails from the previously configured account, you can simply drag emails from the account and drop them to the appropriate folders of your newly configured account. Doing so will download all your emails again, excluding the emails in the Sent Messages folder which you will need to drag and drop manually if you wish to move them.
- Once your account gets configured, you can easily remove your previously configured account by right-clicking on it and select the Remove Account option from the displayed list.
While in most of the cases following these instructions should help you fix the error 3219 in your Hotmail account on Windows Live Mail, however, if the problem persists even after following these steps, it is recommended to scan your system using a repair tool that can help you check the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files if needed. This method will help you find and fix the important files that might have got corrupt or missing from your system.
Additionally, you can also consider uninstalling and reinstalling your Windows Live Mail program on your computer to ensure that the error 3219 is not being caused due to issues with the incorrect installation of your email program.
Also, make sure that your internet connection is working properly as issues with your internet connection will prevent your Hotmail account from syncing with your Windows Live Mail program, which can also lead to a problem such as error 3219 in your Hotmail account.
So, these are steps that you will need to follow to fix error 3219 in your Hotmail account on Windows Live Mail email program.