Paper Jam is the terminology used when the paper or other media is stuck inside the printer and it doesn’t work until you remove the paper manually from the printer. Paper Jam is of two types. It can be real or can be false as well. The solution to the real and the fake paper jam is the same.
Caution: Jammed paper must be removed always from the rear access. Never try to remove the jammed paper from the front access. It may damage your printer.
Follow the steps below if you encounter a paper jam situation.
- Turn off the HP Printer and find out the rear access to it.
- Disconnect the power cord so that rollers can move freely without any restriction.
- Open the rear access door.
- Verify that rollers can run freely. You can clean the rollers with soft cotton.
- Now, remove the jammed paper very carefully.
- Remove the entire papers from the supply tray and discard the damaged papers from the supply tray and then reload the papers.
- Reinstall the rear access door and connect the power cord again.
- Turn on the printer and see whether it is fine or not. If the paper jam is still there then, follow the steps from 9.
- Disconnect the power cord again and remove the entire papers.
- Open the door where cartridges are installed.
- You must see four metal pressure rollers, verify that there is no paper debris or anything stuck inside it.
- Reconnect the power cord.
- Refill the supply tray and give a print command to see if the problem persists.
To prevent the paper jam situation you must the following things in your mind.
- Always use fine quality papers. Always use the same kind of papers in the supply tray.
- Make sure that there is no sudden power failure.
- Keep the printer at a safe, dry & cool place.
- Always use genuine HP cartridges.
- Don’t use cheap & nasty power cord and USB cables.
If you can’t get rid of the paper jam situation or don’t know how to open the rear access or dealing with the metal pressure rollers, don’t try it on your own. You must call the technician to do the same as it may damage the printer and void the warranty. You can always contact our certified HP technicians on our toll-free Hp Printer Support Phone number for the complete solution to the paper jam situation.