Do you freak out by seeing your inbox? Are you among those who receive large number of mails? Does it take half of your working time to organize your mails? If yes, then you surely need to use the ‘filters’ option by Yahoo! Mail.
The second most used emailing service offers this convenient option to manage email messages easily. Filters allow managing incoming emails automatically based on pre-defined criteria (which will be set by you.) Let’s see how you can create filters and manage your emails even before you see them.
8 Steps To Set Up a Filter In Yahoo! Mail
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer) and type yahoo.com in the address bar.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button at top right corner. You will be redirected to sign in page (shown in the next step.)
- Log into your account with your valid email id and password.
- In your mailbox, at the top right corner, find gear icon (see the red arrow in the figure below.) Hover your mouse over the icon and select ‘Settings.’
- In the page that follows, select ‘Filters’ option from the left side panel.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button in the right side panel to add a filter (see the picture below.)
- ‘Add a new filter’ window will appear; give a suitable name (WorkEmails in the image below) to the filter. Set the required conditions by choosing from ‘contains’, ‘does not contain’, ‘begins with’, ‘ends with’ filters.
- Let’s see some examples of setting filters:
- Suppose you want the emails from particular email id to go to a particular folder. Then in the ‘From’ field select ‘contains’ and type that email id in the next field.
- Let’s have one more example: In this scenario, you want all the emails with ‘application’ word in the subject to move to a different folder. So in the ‘Subject’ field, select ‘contains’ and write the word ‘application’ in the box next to it.
- Make sure that ‘match case’ box is unchecked.
- Select the move to folder from drop down. You need to create folders before applying filters if you want separate folders. Click ‘Save.’
- You will be back on the ‘Settings’ window. The filter you have just created (WorkEmails) will be visible on the right side (you can edit or remove it through the respective buttons after selecting the filter.)
- Click ‘Save’ again to complete the process.
Please note that filters cannot be created in Yahoo! Mail’s basic (classic) version. However, you can use them in the basic version. So, you need to switch to new version, create filter and then use them in both versions.
Still have any doubts? Contact Yahoo support services for complete assistance.
Yahoo! is the 2nd most popular email service after Google’s Gmail. Millions of users access the Yahoo! Mail everyday across the globe. So, here is a post compiling 7 most useful tips for these users and also for the new members to become a Yahoo! Mail Pro.
7 Steps To Become Yahoo Mail Pro
- Set up Yahoo! Mail Signature
- Take the cursor over the gear icon on the top right corner of your inbox.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the drop down.
- Select ‘Accounts’ and tick the option ‘Append a signature to the emails you send’ under ‘Signature’ heading.
- Type your desired signature in the text box and click ’Save.’
- Create a Group E-mailing List
Creating an emailing list will allow you to send a single message to number of recipients without typing everyone’s email id. Isn’t it a time-saving feature?
- Click the ‘Contacts’ icon in the top left navigation bar.
- Select ‘New List’ from the left navigation bar.
- Enter the desired name you want to assign for the list. Press ‘Enter.’ Just drag and drop the members’ email ids in the list.
This feature is not available in the basic version.
- Check Message Spellings
Spelling mistakes in emails cause embarrassment. Correct them with the Yahoo spell checker.
- After writing the message, click ‘ABC’ on the message formatting bar.
- Right-click on the words that are underlined red for word suggestions. Select the correct spelling. You can also correct the spelling yourself when you spot the error.
- Block a Sender
- Take the mouse over gear icon and select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- Go to ‘Blocked Addresses’ category in the left side panel.
- In the ‘Add an address’ field, type the email address you want to block.
- Click ‘Block’ and ‘Save.’
- Set up Auto Reply
This feature is useful when you are on a vacation or working on some important project and can’t reply to your emails.
- Take the mouse over gear icon at top right corner.
- From the left panel, select ‘Holiday Response.’
- Tick the ‘Enable automatic responses during these dates (inclusive)’ and select the dates. Type the auto-reply message. You can click on the ‘Send sample copy to me’ button to see how the message will look.
- Click ‘Save.’
- Add New Contacts Automatically
You are not required to add every sender to your contacts. Yahoo will do it for you automatically. You just need to set this command (although it is set by default).
- Go to ‘Settings’ page from the setting gear icon.
- Under ‘Writing email’ category, find the ‘When sending’ heading (it is the first heading.)
- Make sure ‘Automatically add new recipients to Contacts’ option are checked.
- Click ‘Save.’
- Search a Message with Search Operators
Search option is useful for finding that important email from your inbox. Just type your query in the search box and hit ‘Enter.’ If you are sure about exact words in the email, type them within quotes. For instance “project ABC.”
You can search a mail by different fields such as ‘from’, ‘subject’, ‘to:’, ‘cc:’, ‘bcc:’, ‘attachment’ etc. Just use the field name as prefix followed by colons and then your search word. For example, type ‘subject: project’ without quotes in the search box. Yahoo! will list all the emails with word project in its subject field.
Apply these tips and enjoy a smooth Yahoo! emailing experience. Get Yahoo Technical Support on toll-free number for all email related issues.
Gmail for iOS has developed into a robust and easy-to-use app for email management. Instead of using the default iPhone mail app, users have shifted to official Gmail app for iPhone. It is much easier to set up and much simpler to use in comparison to the default one. So, here we will learn how to create Gmail account on iPhone. In actual, you cannot create an account using iPhone, you should have an existing email account to add it to your phone. An email account can be added to iPhone in two ways. We will discuss both the ways here:
Add Gmail Account on iPhone through iPhone
This method can again be categorized into two situations:
- If you already have an email account set up on your phone.
- If you don’t have any email account set up on your phone.
- Go to “Settings” app on the home screen.
- Scroll down the list, find “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” and click it.
- The screen that follows will show a list of accounts set up on your phone. Find the “Add Account” button and tap it.
- Follow the instructions to add Gmail account to your iPhone.
- Find the “Mail” app in the bottom row of home screen. Click it.
- Select Gmail from the list. You can select other services according to the account you want to add.
- Complete the information asked; name, email address, password etc. Click “Next.” Now iPhone will check the information you provided and prompt if any information is not correct. Make correction.
- Move the slider in front of notes and calendar to ON if you want to sync them. Click Next.
- The process is complete; you will get your inbox on your iPhone.
Add Gmail Account on iPhone through Desktop
If you have email accounts set up on your computer, you can add them to your iPhone following these simple steps:
- Sync your phone with your computer.
- Find “Info” option in the top row. Click it.
- At the bottom of the screen, find a list of email accounts set up on your computer.
- Tick the box next to the email account you want to add to your iPhone.
- Click on the Apply/Sync button and let the sync process complete. Don’t disconnect your phone from the computer before completion of the process. You will get all your emails on your iPhone.
For any issue related to Gmail account, call us on toll-free Gmail Helpline Number anytime. We offer 24/7 Gmail technical assistance.
The digital age has removed distances. Social media platforms and other messaging applications let you connect with your friends and family members in no time. Skype, one of such apps, lets you connect with friends and family members through chat, audio and video call.
You can share pictures and important documents with your contacts. However, sometimes file sharing feature may face glitches and not work smoothly. This post is intended to provide some basic solutions for the problem. Try them out to fix your problem.
- First and most effective solution; update your Skype to latest version. Most of the issues get fixed when you update the app with latest version.
- Slow internet connection is the second most common reason for slow or no file transfer. Fix your internet and try again. There can be another situation when internet connectivity is lost midway while transferring a file. Here the file transfer will resume as soon as you get back the connectivity.
- File transfer will also be slow if you are on a Skype call and trying to share a file at the same time. Voice gets preference over file transfer. If sharing the file is your priority, you can disconnect the call and connect it anytime afterward.
- The maximum limit for file transfer through Skype is 300 MB. Check the file size (right-click the file and select properties>General); if it exceeds the preset limit, you know the reason of your issue.
- You can share files with only those contacts who have accepted your friend request.
- In case you are trying to share a file that is earlier shared with any other contact, please check the date of previous transfer. Skype has a 30 day limit for shared files on conversation. You will not find the file after 30 days.
- If you are using Skype through web browser, updating your web browser can also help.
In case, all these options don’t work to fix file sharing problem with Skype, there might be some technical issue with default application files or database.
And, it is recommended to take assistance of a knowledgeable technician while resolving such complex problems. You can contact the Skype support team or any third party Skype customer service provider.
The only key is to find the right service provider. We are dedicatedly working to provide effective solutions to users. Our satisfied client list is a reflection of our service quality. Call us on toll-free number anytime. We are available 24*7.