A real-time conversation is what we always admire. A typical email conversation goes as first you will send an email, then the receiver will read it after a while and then you will get a reply; there is no time limit. This not the disadvantage, of Yahoo mail, but just a typical email conversation. Sometimes you don’t want to wait for an email reply; you can get the conversation on chat.
Yahoo made a brilliant feature of Yahoo messenger chat in Yahoo mail. This enables users to chat with their contacts if they wish. You need to have a valid Yahoo ID for chatting. Don’t be surprised; this is really an interesting feature of Yahoo mail which you haven’t explored yet.
Yahoo chat messenger is the most popular instant messaging. This is really an interesting feature in your Yahoo mail account. You can chat with your Yahoo contacts using it without even switch to an individual Yahoo chat application. We have a guide for you to learn how to chat with somebody in Yahoo! Mail.
Steps to chat with somebody in Yahoo! Mail
The first thing is that you need to make sure you are not using a Yahoo! Mail Basic version, but the fully-featured version because the basic version doesn’t support chat
After that, you need to check that you are signed in to chat or not. If you find it is showing offline then change it to available. You can easily choose the status “Available, Busy or Invisible” from the given list.
Learn to enable Yahoo! Messenger in Yahoo! Mail
- The first step is to click the Messenger icon from the top Yahoo mail navigation bar
- Here you need to check whether your first name is entered under the First Name on the Your Messenger Profile sheet or not, if not then enter
- Then check your surname is entered under the Last Name or not, if not then enter
- And then click on the Next button
- Your Yahoo mail’s chat messenger has been enabled successfully Chat with somebody in Yahoo mail.
- First, you need to sign in to your Yahoo mail account using Yahoo ID and password.
- Then press “i” to open the instant message or chat
- You can also click Messenger from the top of your Yahoo mail navigation bar and after that click on the Compose icon
- Now you need to type or select the desired user’s Yahoo Messenger ID or email address and after that press Enter
- Here you can type away over Add a message
- And hitting on Enter button will send the message
- Keep exchanging the message over this messenger and enjoy chatting
If you still face any kind of issue in the procedure, let me know in the comment section below, or you can contact directly to our Yahoo Customer Care Support Team for instant help.