Gmail for iOS has developed into a robust and easy-to-use app for email management. Instead of using the default iPhone mail app, users have shifted to the official Gmail app for iPhone. It is much easier to set up and much simpler to use in comparison to the default one. So, here we will learn how to create a Gmail account on the iPhone. In actuality, you cannot create an account using the iPhone, you should have an existing email account to add it to your phone. An email account can be added to the iPhone in two ways. We will discuss both ways here:
Add Gmail Account on iPhone
This method can again be categorized into two situations:
- If you already have an email account set up on your phone.
- If you don’t have an email account set up on your phone.
- Go to the “Settings” app on the home screen.
- Scroll down the list, find “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” and click it.
- The screen that follows will show a list of accounts set up on your phone. Find the “Add Account” button and tap it.
- Follow the instructions to add a Gmail account to your iPhone.
- Find the “Mail” app in the bottom row of the home screen. Click it.
- Select Gmail from the list. You can select other services according to the account you want to add.
- Complete the information asked; name, email address, password, etc. Click “Next.” Now iPhone will check the information you provided and prompt if any information is not correct. Make correction.
- Move the slider in front of notes and calendar to ON if you want to sync them. Click Next.
- The process is complete; you will get your inbox on your iPhone.
Add Gmail Account on iPhone through Desktop
If you have email accounts set up on your computer, you can add them to your iPhone following these simple steps:
- Sync your phone with your computer.
- Find the “Info” option in the top row. Click it.
- At the bottom of the screen, find a list of email accounts set up on your computer.
- Tick the box next to the email account you want to add to your iPhone.
- Click on the Apply/Sync button and let the sync process complete. Don’t disconnect your phone from the computer before the completion of the process. You will get all your emails on your iPhone.
For any issue related to the Gmail account, call Gmail Helpline Number anytime.