There can be numerous reasons responsible for causing you trouble signing into your Yahoo Mail account or accessing certain features in it on Chrome. The reasons can be anything from browser incompatibility, use of browser enhancement to antivirus and outdated settings.
If you are facing such issues with your Yahoo Mail account, you can try fixing them by following the workaround provided below in this guide.
Steps to Fix Problems with Yahoo Not Working Properly on Chrome
1.) Clear the Cache from Your Chrome Browser
- Launch the Chrome web browser on your computer. Click on the More option (three vertical dots) located on the upper-right corner of your browser. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select More tools > Clear browsing data
- Next, you will need to choose the time range for which you wish to clear Cache from your browser. If you wish to clear the complete cache, you will need to select the “All time” option.
- Then, you will need to select the checkboxes next to the option – “Cached images and files”.
- After that, click on the “Clear data” option. The complete cache will be cleared from your Chrome browser.
2.) Keep your Chrome Browser Up-to-Date
- Click on the More option (three vertical dots) in your Chrome browser. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Next, you will need to check the More option for these colors. These colors signify whether an update is available for your Chrome browser.
- Red: The red color sign notifies that the update has been available for 7 days.
- Green: The green dot sign signifies that the update has been available for 2 days
- Orange: The orange dot sign notifies that the update has been available for 4 days
- No Color: No color means that your Chrome browser is already running with the latest updates.
- If the updates are available, you will need to click on the “More” option and choose Update Google Chrome
3.) Restart your Computer
In case any problem persists even after following above-mentioned measures, it is suggested to restart your computer before accessing your Yahoo account on Chrome browser again.
- Click on the More option (three vertical dots) located at the top-right corner of your Chrome browser and select Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Under the Settings tab, click on the Advanced
- Then, select the Content settings option under “Privacy and security” section.
5.) Deactivate Browser Enhancements
- Click on the More option (three vertical dots) located on the top-right corner of the browser and choose More tools > Extensions
- Next, you will need on the click on the Remove option located next to the extension that you wish to uninstall.
- Again also, you will need to click on the Remove The browser enhancement will be completely removed from your Chrome browser.
6.) Deactivate Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall Products Temporarily
In certain cases, Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs can also cause instability in using Yahoo Mail on the Chrome browser. These programs sometimes block scripts and features that are important for Yahoo pages to load on Chrome browser.
If you are having a problem using certain Yahoo features, you can try disabling the security programs temporarily to check if they are causing trouble.
- Go to the Software’s help section to learn how to deactivate security programs.
- Once deactivated, check if the problem with your Yahoo account gets fixed or not. If the problem gets fixed, make an exception for chrome browser in the program causing an issue.
Note: Make sure to deactivate a program one at a time.
7.) Check Whether your Yahoo Account Works Properly on Other Computers or Mobile Devices
Try accessing your Yahoo account on other computers or mobile devices to know whether the problem is with your computer or mobile device. If you are able to access your Yahoo account on other devices, you will need to resolve the problem with your computer or mobile device before trying to access your account on Chrome.
8.) Reset Chrome Browser to its Default Settings
- Click on the More option (three vertical dots) and choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the “Advanced” option located at the lower section of the page.
- Next, you will need to click on the Reset option under “Reset” section.
- After that, confirm your action by simply clicking on the Reset
- Your Chrome browser will be set to its default settings.
If still facing any issue with your Yahoo mail account so you can contact Yahoo customer support helpline number for instant customer support.